This list balances the bad (see Top 10 Challenges) with the good. These are the Top 10 Benefits of My Disability:
10. No one expects me to help clear dishes at dinner parties.
9. I'm given the most comfortable chair in the room.
8. Any time I'm not in gym shorts and a tank top, I can claim to be "dressed up."
7. I have a legitimate reason to get regular manicures and pedicures.
6. I take a nap whenever I want to. (Oh wait, I used to do that anyway.)
5. I cut to the front of long theater bathroom lines and go into the handicap stall.
4. When the cashier at the market asks if I'd like help out with my groceries, I say "yes," and then I don't have to take my own cart back.
3. People hold elevators for me.
2. I have lots of stuff to write about.
1. HANDICAP PARKING SPACES!
That's all from me this year. Thanks for reading and happy holidays!